Custom quilting price is customized per quilt, and will be quoted on an individual basis after consultation. Custom quilting is any quilting that is not an edge to edge.
Custom quilting service price starts at .04 x Length x Width of the quilt and goes up there depending on the level of detail work, number of borders, density of quilting, stitch in the ditch (SID), ect. However, there is a general format I use to calculate price, see below.
Pricing is the total of 3 components.*
- Quilting Service
- Batting purchase (optional)
*Additional charges will be applied if additional work is needed. The quilt should be received in a condition that is 100% ready for quilting. Click here to view How to Prepare for Longarm Quilting to avoid any additional charges. Click here to see additional services prices.
Custom quilting service price starts at .04 x Length x Width of the quilt and goes up there depending on the level of detail work, number of borders, density of quilting, SID, ect. *Note prices subject to change without notice at anytime.
Thread Charge is a flat fee, based on choice of thread color.
- $5.00 Solid Color
- $10.00 Varigated Color
You may supply your own batting, or purchase mine. Choice of 96 wide Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly blend (unbleached) or Quilter’s Dream 100% cotton (unbleached). If you do not specify, I will choose one for you. I cut batting from the roll at 6 inches larger than the measurement of your quilt. Often I can use the smaller measurement of your quilt, as the 96 or 93 wide accomodates many quilts. Extra batting is returned to you.
Batting price $10.35 per yard. (same price either batting)
Here’s an example of custom quilting at .06 price point.
- Quilt top measurement 80 (length) x 60 (width)
- 80 x 60 = 4800 (total square inches)
- 4800 x .06 (price) = $288.00
- Custom quilting service charge is $288.00.
In this example, we selected one solid color thread.
- Solid color thread flat fee = $5.00
- The 96 wide will accomodate the 80 length.
- I will cut batting from the roll at 66 inches (60 +6 =66).
- Now divide 64 inches by 36 (36 inches in a yard) to figure out the price per yard. 66 divided by 36 = 1.83 yards.
- 1.83 yards x 10.35 = $18.94 cost of batting.
Total price is Quilting Service + Thread + Batting
- 288.00 + 5.00 + 18.94 = $311.94 (PA tax may apply)
Contact me to set up a free consultation.
- Email NorthStarLongarmQuilting@yahoo.com
- Call (302) 598-2729